Accepted - Talim - Warlock Application

Go down

Accepted - Talim - Warlock Application

Post  Talimx on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Hey everyone,

Saw your post on wow-eu forums and thought I'd give it a shot, what's the harm in trying?

What is your age? - 23
Where are you from? - England
Do you have Mumble? - Yes, Mumble, Vent, Skype, TS, Raidcall.
Microphone? - Yes. Vocal and not affraid to voice opinion if needed.
Name - Talim
Class - Warlock
Level - 90
Spec - Destruction // Affliction
Gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Talim/advanced
      - Current Item Level: 525

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it?
Yes, can play both destro & affliction whenever needed, competant at both specs. Havn't played demo as much but easy enough to learn - Affliction comes out on top in 5.4 anyways.

- What is your former experience?
This is a completely new account, have recently returned to pandaland with a fresh start, as such my previous experience isn't very appealing. Being completely honest with you on this i've done:
MSV Normal 4/5
SoO Flex 1 & 2.
All the rest is just LFR, been using openraid and most people on there are achievement nazi's so finding normal groups is difficult.
Have all knowledge of encounters in ToT and SoO. (Thanks to Fatboss & Evreliagaming guides)

Old Account experience is such:
TBC:
SSC: 6/6
TK: 4/4 pre hyjal
Hyjal: Cleared
BT: Cleared
SWP: Up to Mu'ru.

WotLK
Naxx: Cleared 10 & 25. Undying.
Ulduar: Cleared 10 & 25, Both glory metas, Herald.
TotGC: Cleared 10Hc, tribute to insanity.
ICC: Cleared 10Hc, glory meta & Bane
      Cleared 25hc-LK, glory meta.
RS: Halion 10Hc

Cataclysm
BWD: 6/6 Normal
BoT: 4/4 Normal
Tot4W: 2/2 Normal
Firelands: 7/7 Normal
DS: 8/8 Normal, ~3Hc

I know that none of that is really relevant as I was playing a melee then but thought I'd add it anyways. Was RL & MT during TBC and switched to dps during Wrath onwards.

- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
I'll keep everything to this character now.
Talim, currently in <Horse> as a social, they originally were 25man however they've gone 10 man now and are over stocked on warlocks so there is no possibility of me being accepted there if I were to apply. Friendly guild, got to know a few of them, wish they had a raiding spot for me =( but they don't so thats my main reason for applying elsewhere.

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
Nope

- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
I want to be part of a progressing guild again, I want to see Siege of Orgrimmar Normal & Heroic and I want to be part of a community that isn't just OpenRaid.

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
My /played is: 13days.

(However on my old account I clocked well over 300days) /addict

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)
I make sure there is a purple bar at the top of recount with "Talim" wrote in it. Dpsing as a warlock is pretty straight forward.
As Destro, CoE ->Immolate -> Incinerate -> Chaos Bolts to use Embers -> Keep RoF up -> Keep Dark Soul on CD -> Shadowburn to use embers sub 20%. Using pot before pull and again during encounter along with Heroisim/TW & Terrorguard. (Fight Dependant). Talentwise I usually roll with Grimoire of Supremacy & Archimonde's Darkness, however some fights may favor Kil'jaeden's Cunning - all others are self explanitory.
As Affliction, Keep high uptime on all dots, immediatelly starting with SB & SS, filler with maelfic grasp & drain soul sub 20%. Consumables & CD's same as above.

- We normally raid Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?
Yes, I'd be able to attend both of these raid days.

- Tell us something about yourself.
Work at a shop currently & training to go into the haulage business (C+E Lorry driving).
I'm a gamer! Online a lot, will do other things outside of raids, whether it be PvP or anything else, experienced player & laid back guy.

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.
No WoL parse, sorry. Did 130k dps on General Nazgrim if that's any help. Legendary Cloak users tend to stomp me anyways. I can upload some recount Screenies if you like, doing ToT normal atm.

...Chocolate Icecream.

Thanks for reading! Any questions, ask away.

Talim.

Talimx

Back to top Go down

Re: Accepted - Talim - Warlock Application

Post  Breekachu on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello.
Thank you for you application. We will get back to you within a few days with an answer.
Edit: Also, old progress is always good know aswell. It gives me an idea of what kind of a player you been.
M'uru.. The bringer of nightmares.. For weeks.. the guildbreaker from hell.

Also, are you in this for the long term, or are you like a guy that liks to swtich mains alot, due to it gets boring and such?
Putting alot of effort into that legendary chain?
Good luck with you application.

Don't hesitate to whisper me if you got anything to ask, or just post questions here.
//Breekachu

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talimx on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Hey again,

I played my Warrior for the best part of 5 years, after taking a long break (when most people did) I came back and decided to go with Warlock, with a complete fresh start. I absolutely hate leveling, alts are something I never really had many of, so switching mains is out the question Razz

So to answer your question, yeah I'm here for the long term =)

As for the legendary chain, I'm as far as I can be at the moment, quite far behind everyone. Next week I'll finish "A Test of Valor", so will be able to get the prismatic socket and start ToT farming for the meta gem. So an orange cape on me won't be anytime soon.

Bit of an update:
-Cleared ToT Normal 12/12 - complete joke, very easy with reduced health & dmg.
-Ilvl now: 527
-Other random info: 9/9 Gold CM's // Green Fire // Tailoring will be 600 shortly (Not enough cloth on AH xD)

Talimx

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:31 am

If you're going for lorry driver, a friend of mine does that aswell and there's just those days where he has to start at 6AM, and gets home at 9.30PM. I don't know if this is just his company or if it just happens all the time in this profession. Got any insights on this?

Also, at the purple bar at the top of recount, it's good that you challenge yourself, I really hope you manage to do it, since our other DPS get ranked on WoL with 200k+ DPS quite regularly :p

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breekachu on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello.
We have decided to give you a Trial spot in the guild. Message any officer in-game for an invite.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum