Accepted - Homerrox - Survival Hunter

Go down

Accepted - Homerrox - Survival Hunter

Post  Homerrox on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello, my name is Chris, and down below you’ll find my application for the Disbanded guild.

What is your age? – I am 23 years old.
Where are you from? – I’m from Denmark, living in a town called Kolding.
Do you have Mumble? – Yes, I do have Mumble installed.
Microphone? – I aswell have a working microphone.
Name – I assume you want the character name, it’s Homerrox
Class – Dwarf Hunter
Level - 90
Spec – Survival at the moment
Gear – Armorylink: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Homerrox/simple If my gear is looking like shit, it’s because i’m doing some regearing, enchanting, and gemming. Please have this in mind :)Also, i'm in raid finder T16 headpiece, it doesnt show tho

- Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec, what is your gear like for it? I am ofc willing to change my spec if it’s required for the guild. I’m also very flexible and might be able to even change my class, to fit into the best possible raiding setup the guild might need.

- What is your former experience? I’ll be doing this step, aswell as the next in one.
I’ve been playing since 3 months after the release. Back in days I raided with Aloria @ Ravencrest. We was a 6 days raiding guild, and we managed to be in top 5 in the race to kill C’thun, and  Naxx40. We didn’t manage to take down the four horsies, as you needed to have eight warrior tanks in tier3 back in days.
Anyways, I left Aloria in the middle of TBC, where I wanted to make my own guild with a few friends of mine. We had a nice start, ended up taking Gruul, and the lurker below. Sadly people started to go their own way and we disbanded. After the not very successful attempt I joined The Great Danes. And was attuned to the Mount Hyjal aswell as Black Temple with these. Sadly they ended up not having any raid spots afterall so I had to move along.
To jump into the MoP experience, I started out in a guild called “Aetas” on Ravencrest. We had a great start, and did MSV/HOF and TOES asap, and we started to progress into heroics, where people started to whine about wiping. They ended up only wanted to do farming runs, so my friend and I left to join Desolution @ Twisting Nether Horde – We raided with them and took several HCs (Check my armory), before they had trouble finding enough people to do 25 man, and went down to a 10 man guild where their old core was invited to play. After this mess we went to Eonar, and joined The DMZ. Not the funniest thing as the server is more dead than a mouse in a trap. As I had exams etc I wanted to take a small break. I’ve been playing back and forth now, and now I want to do some progression once again, as that’s why I love this game.

Cleared Fireland HC and DS HC with Aetas.
- What Guilds have you previously been in? What was your reason for leaving each Guild?
Check the post above.

- Do you know anyone in Disbanded that would vouch for you?
Sadly I know no one, unless I have been playing with some of you guys in LFR, scenarios etc.

- Why do you want to join Disbanded?
This guild seems to fit me. 3 days raiding, sounds like a relaxed environment, and it looks like to be the perfect guild for me as a person. For some reason I have always loved 10 man raiding, and all these things made me make this application for you.

- Tell us why we should pick you
You should pick me, because I’m a experienced and dedicated player, who’ve been playing this game for 9 years. I know what it takes to do some progression, aswell as having fun while doing so. I know when to be serious, but I can act like a fool like everyone else when chilling around. I’m easy to approach and I fit into close to all crowds. I’m always willing to give a hand with something if any one are asking, so I’m a helpful person. I’m an insanely quick learner.
However, my gear isn’t the best at all, as I told you, I had a minor break. I have been doing some flex, to keep up just a bit, aswell as my legendary quest. I’m trying to do whatever I can to improve my gear at this very moment. I understand you need to look at gear when you are doing progress, but I hope you can bare over me for this.

- How long have you been playing WoW/Char that you are applying with?
I have had a small few periods where I raided with all classes, but out of the 9 years I’ve been playing this game, I gotta say, I have been playing my hunter since day 1. For some reason I always end up playing this guy.

- Can you give us a short description of what you do when you're healing, dpsing, or tanking? (Note: this is where you show us how well you know your class)
As a hunter, I do my normal rotation: Explosive shot -> Kill shot -> Black Arrow -> Serpent Sting -> Arcane shot -> Cobra shot. I always try to keep my major cooldowns on cooldown. Unless it’s needed in a burn phase. Besides this, I don’t find DPS to be everything in this game. I’m not standing in stuff. It’s better to have an alive dps with 150k, than a dead one with 200k in the very start of the fight Wink
When I played my resto druid, I always topped of people, and was ready to pre-hot people before some nasty AoE from a boss e.g. and always to keep cooldown ready for people who needs it the most.

- We normally raid Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 20.00-23.00. Sometimes we have to move our raids to other days due to exams and other rl stuff. Would you be able to attend?  I can’t say I’m able to raid every single dag, but as long as it’s once in a while, I’m able to change my schedule if something is coming up.

- Tell us something about yourself.
Hello guys. My name is Chris, and I’m 23 years old. I’m living in Kolding, Denmark, where I’m going at the university. I’m done the 31th of January 2014, where I will be Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration (BSc EBA)
1st of February I’m gonna start on my Masters. Besides playing World of Warcraft, I enjoy partying, aswell as being with my girlfriend. I’m watching shit loads of football with my friends, while we are having some beers Wink

- If possible, provide a recent raiding log here. If not, tell us which kind of ice-cream you like least.: I don’t have any recent raiding logs. My least favourite ice cream will be liquor ice as it doesn’t fit into ice cream imo

- What is your current progress on the legendary quest chain?
I have my legendary cloak.

Thanks for reading my application,  and I if you have any questions, I would love to answer it. You can catch me either here, or ingame Homerrox#2481.

Regards,
Homerrox/Chris

Homerrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accepted - Homerrox - Survival Hunter

Post  Merberan on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Allright so I must say, this is exactly what an application should look like. The only issue is, however, as you mentioned the gear. At this point in time I'm not sure if we can spend the time to gear you up, but on the other hand, the hunter we're looking to replace is still going to stay around for as long as needed for us to find a replacement, so we may have some time on our hands after all. Either way, I'll need to discuss it with my co-officers, and we'll reply here when we have some questions or a verdict.

Oh, one more thing, looking at your raiding experience, it seems pretty hardcore overall, I hope you're not expecting us to change to a 4-5-6 days/week schedule when new content releases :p We're not one of those die-hard guilds, we're just a bunch of friends that like to focus and kill some heroic bosses, I hope you can relate to that

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Merberan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 am

Allrighty, we've decided to let you give it a shot, but we'll have our 'old' hunter for the heroic progression untill you are geared up. Feel free to whisper me or another officer in-game for an invite!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down